When you’re in the mood for good homemade food…
It’s true. You really can tell when food has been made with loving care. Especially when it has been created by your own fair hands…with a little help from Bronagh Duffin at Bakehouse in Bellaghy, Co Derry-Londonderry.
Bronagh has a wonderful ability to cook delicious, home-made food that is seasonal, wholesome and grounded in the traditional recipes that she grew up with. More importantly perhaps, she has the knack of passing her culinary skills and her love of food on to others in ways that are truly, deeply life enhancing. So why not let Bronagh explain all about the cookery classes she runs at Bake House in her own words!
“For as long as I can remember my life has been about delicious, nutritious food. One of my favourite childhood memories is eating my Grannie’s freshly baked scones, straight from the oven and dripping in butter. I remember the happy, safe feeling it gave me at that time. Those experiences helped to shape my perception and my understanding of food.”
“You see, for me food heals and comforts us in so many ways, from the simple act of choosing wholesome ingredients, to cooking them for those we love and sharing a meal together. I want to keep discovering new ingredients, new recipes and new ways to share my food passion with others. My overwhelming desire is to help others to enjoy cooking and eating delicious food. And Bakehouse is helping me to do just that!”
A Class act
Bronagh’s cooking classes are designed to suit all ages and skills levels. The emphasis is on helping you to relax and have a bit of fun while learning to create something really tasty. She likes keep a personal, intimate atmosphere, so numbers are kept low, with usually no more than 12 budding chefs at each class. However, she does offer one-to-one classes and private tuition, should you so wish. Everything you need is provided; all you have to do turn up, have a cuppa and a chat before things start, then get ready to have some serious fun!
Cook up a treat
Bakehouse is all about helping everyone to enjoy cooking and eating delicious food. The workshops are relaxing, fun experiences in which you can take time out for yourself, maybe make a few new friends and surprise yourself with a new skill while producing something tasty, nutritious and simple that you can recreate at home in your own kitchen.
Check out the various cookery classes that Bronagh offers, then book those that interest you…and get cooking!
Afternoon Tea Class £80 pp
- Welcome and coffee/tea
- Get baking, scones/bread/ sweet treat
- Box of treats to take home individual booking per group days, evenings & weekend
Traybake Masterclass £80 pp
- Take a few hours out to learn how to make delicious tray bakes.
Basic Cake Decorating Workshop £90 pp
- Welcome and Coffee/ Tea
- Basic Cake Decorating
- Buttercream/ Fondant Roses
- Approximate duration- 3 hours (please advise of any allergies)
Family Day Out £80 pp
Choose your theme:
- Eel Supper – Soda Bread & Chutney
- Barbecue Theme
- Create an amazing Mezze platter
- The ultimate roast dinner
- Pizza or pasta and focaccia
Healthy eating meal prep workshop £110 pp
Back to nutrition basics:
- what are macros and micros
- importance of nutritionally dense food
- all calories are not equal
- how your body digests food
Choose your 3 dishes to cook on the day.
Digging for Gin £95 pp
Forage for ingredients:
- Create your own bottle and lunch
- Make your own loaf and put into oven before foraging in the fresh air to create your own individual
- Jar of gin infused with your hand foraged gorgeous ingredients.
- Take home what you make
- Light Lunch included
Winter supper by the fire £80 pp
- Some light cooking or just watch and relax
Children’s Cooking Experience £40 pp
- Choose Cake Decorating or Afternoon Tea
- Duration approximately 2.5 hours
- Ages 5+
Get in touch